The freezer has cemented its place as one of the essential home appliances and has very well integrated into our daily utility. It protects our foods from getting decayed and also helps in enjoying our delicious desserts for a longer period of time. Like many other home appliances, the freezer can surprise you by breaking down from time to time and requiring a reliable appliance repair contractor in Atlanta and other GA states. However, keeping an eye out for a few things can provide one with an early warning so that they can contact a professional appliance technician in Atlanta and get the freezer checked. Let us look at some of the signs that indicate it is time to call in a service for freezer repair in Atlanta.
How to understand that your freezer is broken?
Freezers are an essential appliance in the modern kitchen. They help us store food and other items we need to keep cold. However, they can also break down and ruin our food. So what are the signs that your freezer needs repair?
- The freezer is not working properly: If your freezer is not keeping things cold enough, it may be time to call for a repair company to check it out.
- The door of the freezer is open: It may seem like a minor issue, but if your door won’t stay closed or open on its own, this could be a sign that something is wrong with the seal of the door or with the hinges.
- The temperature of your freezer is too high: This can happen when there’s too much air in the unit and it’s not being cooled properly by the compressor.
- You’re getting frost on inside walls: Frost can be caused by a number of issues, including dirty filters, an issue with the unit’s temperature, or a malfunctioning evaporator coil.
- 5) You smell something unusual: Sometimes the smell can be from something that’s rotting in your food. If there is a weird smell coming from your freezer, it might need repair.
- 6) The defrost timer is on for too long: This can happen when there is something obstructing the ventilation of the freezer and it keeps running in order to keep up with the demand of cool air going out.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the most common signs of a freezer breakdown.
Sign #1 – Strange sounds
When strange sounds start coming out of any appliance, it is an indication that the device is in need of some professional help. The noise is generally an indication of any device, such as a condenser or fan, not working properly or having trouble functioning. Getting it checked at the initial stage can save a lot of money. If the issue is not looked after, it can result in completely replacing the part, which can result in more money expenditure.
Sign #2 – No freezing or excessive ice buildup
If the freezer efficiency certainly dropped or if there is an excessive buildup of ice, both cases can be an indication that there is something wrong with the freezer. There can be a variety of reasons for such issues. Calling a professional technician to check the issue is always advised in such cases to avoid any further damage.
Sign #3 – Sudden increase in the electricity consumption
The freezer is one such appliance that is plugged in day and night. However, if it suddenly starts consuming more electricity, it is an indication that the freezer is working under pressure. There could be plenty of reasons behind it. If one sees a sudden rise in utility bills, one should call in a service for freezer repair in Atlanta to find the underlying issue.
Call Appliance Care of Atlanta for a cheap freezer repair
One can never be 100% sure when a freezer might stop working. However, like many other home appliances, the freezer reveals some signs before completely malfunctioning. Keeping an eye out for these signs would help us to prepare beforehand and provide us with much-needed time to find help and deal with the issue efficiently. If you notice one of these signs, you should not hesitate. The sooner you call a specialist, the cheaper the repair will be.
Appliance Care of Atlanta company has been repairing freezers for more than 20 years. Our specialists will come to your call at a time convenient for you and even on the day of the call. We have OEM parts for freezers from popular brands, which means that you do not have to wait for the delivery of a broken part. We will replace the broken part very quickly!
We repair freezers of popular brands, including LG, Samsung, GE, Maytag, and others. Our specialists have been trained directly by manufacturers and have the appropriate certificates and licenses. Therefore, you trust your home appliances in reliable hands. Contact us for inexpensive freezer repair right now!